Much earlier than required wit ha June 2016 scheduled delivery, I have been getting my garage in order before the big day.
I cleared it completely, upset my wife considerably by storing most of the contents in rooms downstairs, and then had the grey breeze blocks painted white, and the concrete floor sealed in anticipation of fitting some light grey floor tiles from PlasFloor.
I purchased 760 small light grey tiles at the end of December 2014, but then never quite got round to fitting them. The tile choice was based on a BlatChat conversation, with quite a few folk happy with this option. Essentially, they are thinner, harder, and more hard-wearing than typical domestic options available currently.
They were easy to lay, but unfortunately I got to the last box and noticed that the tiles were suddenly a different shade of light grey and I didn’t want to continue fitting them. As you can see from the picture below, 3 blocks of 4 x 4 tiles are obviously not colour matched compared to the rest. The rubber mallet is sort of pointing at the offending tiles in the following picture.
Its such a shame, because I couldn’t quite finish the job over the weekend, but now have replacements ready to fit before Christmas.
Which means that the house will stop looking like a garage, and my wife starts smiling again 😉
I have found some UPVC skirting board suitable for garages, and it also has the added benefit of having inner and outer corner joints as separate components, so I don’t need to make a meal out of mitring joints at corners. And for such a simple room, there are 5 inner corners and 3 outers.
Beyond that I’m going to get some units built up along the back wall and some work space sorted, plus acquire the nice Halfords tool boxes when they are next on discount in the New Year – probably these ones, and refit a big notice board, and some other hanging storage.
Soon I will have nothing to do other than wait!